Friday, February 26, 2010

Back To Reality

Though I wasn't named the next XFX Girl, it was a dream just to be named a finalist and invited to Hollywood. Why did I enter in this competition? I didn't do it for the exposure or the travel. I did it because I've loved video games ever since my Atari 2600 at age 4. I did it because I have an idea of what goes into building a sweet gaming rig. I'm glad I was able to put my love for games towards something.

I know there're people who belittled this competition. Some think it's just a booth babe gig. Some think because XFX is a niche market, this opportunity meant nothing. Some think the finalists were chosen solely based on looks and that we didn't know the first thing about hardware. Wrong, wrong, and wrong. If you thought any of these things, you probably didn't invest a single moment into learning what the competition was actually about. But I can tell you, the winners (I love you Rika & Fefe!) have a lot of work to do, and I truly believe that if they play their cards right they could become the next Olivia Munn.

Why did I enter in this competition? *Because I did not want to live the rest of my life wondering what might have been.*