Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A New Blog

Oh look, a new blog! New things are a bit tricky. While it's fun to have something unfamiliar to play with, you also have to decide what exactly it is that you want out of that thing. Then you have to figure out how to maintain it. That goes for anything. In the case of this blog, I have the following to consider: Is the purpose to update acquaintances on recent happenings? Is it to share my innermost thoughts and ponderings? Some balance of both? Should I type with a formal voice or a casual voice?

After some contemplation, I've decided to treat this the same way I've treated most things in life thus far: I'll do whatever the hell I feel like doing at first and see what works and what doesn't.

I already have a few things figured out. First off, I should be mindful about the length of my posts and not dawdle too long on expressing any one thought, because the average human attention span is disappointingly short.